You are currently browsing the archives for the Meeting Notes category.

Dispatches from the releng team week: Portland

Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago at 17:11. 1 comment

UntitledReleng has been much more diligent during our current team week about preparing presentations and, more importantly, recording sessions for posterity.

Sessions are still ongoing, but the list of presentations is in the wiki. We will continue to add links there.

Special thanks to Armen for helping remoties get dialed-in and for getting everything recorded.

Current Tunes: Nothing | Filed under Build/Release, Firefox, Meeting Notes, Mozilla, Open Web

Build::Config meeting notes for 2013-08-08

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago at 09:56. 0 comments

2013-08-08 Agenda:

  • logistics:
    • timechange to 11am PDT, 2:30pm PDT?
    • do 11am PDT in two weeks time; check with EST folks during next BuildConfig meeting, maybe move after that.
  • action items from last mtg
    • (coop) talk to RyanVM re: MozillaBuild – NOT DONE
    • (coop) move Windows release repacks to Win64 – IN PROGRESS
    • (bsmedberg) talk to gps re: resource monitoring
    • (mshal, joey) return with estimates
  • Round table
  • action items:
    • meeting to decide scope of Q3 goal
    • revisit fennec-nop-builds after touching base with kats, blassey, margaret, mfinkle – what else after the 
      • new tracking bug for Q3 issues to fix? Or keep on with 748452?
    • NOTE: next meeting at 11am PDT / 2pm EST. gps to send out invite

Current Tunes: Arty - Together We Are: 052 [Live Set from Glow Club, Echo Stage - Washington] | Filed under Build/Release, Firefox, Meeting Notes, Mozilla, Open Web, Software

Build::Config meeting notes for 2013-07-25

Posted 12 months ago at 14:37. 0 comments

2013-07-25 Agenda:

  • Previous action items:
    • [gps] complete list of variables, rules for scoping conversion; get an idea of how far along this process we are today…. 2%? 50%? 90%?
      • export tier only in Q3; anything else is gravy
    • [gps] file bugs on eliminating everything in the export tier: Bug 892644 tracks
    • [joduinn] setup meeting about fennec dependencies
      • no meeting, conversations with blassey: living with the pain
      • corresponding l10n issues: avoid dragging into the ESR24 cycle
    • [bsmedberg] will investigate the wall-clock issue in mid-May
      • Bug 893078
      • upgrade to gcc 4.7 a likely culprit, only affects PGO clobber builds
      • monitor build resource usage during linking: bsmedberg to see if gps+try gives enough data; else get loaner machine Monday to investigate.
    • [joduinn] MozillaBuild – is this ted or ryanvm ? get bug filed for upcoming windows releases
      • still outstanding, coop to talk to RyanVM
  • Round table:
    • moz.build conversion: timing and scope
    • (mshal) TUP update
      • not much progress recently – been focusing on fennec issue
      • planning to use Makefile.in & moz.build so tup is not blocked on moz.build conversion – will see how that goes
    • fennec, l10n cleanup work
  • Action items:
    • (coop) talk to RyanVM re: MozillaBuild
    • (coop) move Windows release repacks to Win64
    • (bsmedberg) talk to gps re: resource monitoring
    • (mshal, joey) return with estimates

Current Tunes: Maor Levi - Holding On | Filed under Build/Release, Firefox, Meeting Notes, Mozilla, Open Web

Build::Config meeting notes for 2013-07-11

Posted 1 year ago at 13:42. 0 comments

We’ve been having bi-weekly meetings of the Build::Config module peers (and other interested parties) for a while now. It makes sense to start publishing the meeting minutes more widely.
Continue Reading…

Current Tunes: Nothing | Filed under Build/Release, Firefox, Meeting Notes, Mozilla, Open Web